The widow Louisa Charlotta Tyndall-Hamilton let erect a memorial in 1911, eight years after the tragic death of John Tyndall.
She exchanged up two of the many drugs Tyndall had to take, what led to the death by overdose of chloral hydrate. The inscription reads: “Raised to her all beloved by Luisa his wife to mark a place of memories”. Under time pressure the commissioned Italian speaking stonemason Lorenzo Giovangrandi made a mistake in the German inscription, he wrote: the Municipality Naters dedicates to him, to the noble English “Naturfors(c)her” and its honorary citizen this site he loved so much. The monument consists of a set up erratic bloc of 4.75 m height and 1.5 m thickness.