Point of interest 

The Parish Centre in Niedergesteln

The present parish centre was built in 1578 on the foundations of a patrician house from the 12th century and increased by the presbytery in 1735. During the renovation, made in cooperation with the Swiss Heritage Society, the barn was demolished along with the stable in favour of a generous parish garden. The stately home with its 5 floors and 16 rooms was finally brought in its present form in 2001/2002. Since then the two top floors serve as apartment of the priest while the three lower floors with the bishops and knights halls and two additional meeting rooms and sanitary facilities are reserved for the public.