Typically in the Valais cluster settlements the parish church was built at a privileged location at the border of the settlement. In Bellwald this is very well visible. The church from 1698 is a protected monument and dedicated to the "Seven Joys of Mary". The church was totally restored the last time between 1975 - 1977. The adjacent ossuary was built between 1733 - 1734 and serves today to the laying out of the dead before the burial.