Until last century, the parish church of St. Martin, the former principal church of Lötschental valley, was during mass on Sunday the meeting place of the residents. Today, the other three villages in the valley have their own churches, built in the second half of the 20th century.
The church in Wiler was constructed between 1740 and 1742. But parts of the church such as the lower part of the church tower and the ossuary originate already from the 16th century. The clock was installed in 1883 at the church tower. This was probably the first contact with the measure of time for most residents of the Lötschental valley.